What do I need to do before I can get my license?
You must be at least 16 years old to apply for your first-time drivers license, and you will need to have held your permit for 6 months.
You’ll need to bring a few things with you to the DMV when you go to apply:
- ● Proof that you completed drivers ed and behind-the-wheel training
- ● Your permit, which must be signed by your parent, guardian, or instructor
- ● Valid vehicle registration
- ● Proof of insurance
- ● An acceptable document that proves your birth date/legal presence
- ● Proof of your true full name
- ● Your Social Security number
Do I need to sign up for my road test ahead of time?
Yes, you are required to schedule your road test ahead of time! You can do so here.
Need More Help?
Should you need further information on how to get a California drivers license, please visit California’s Official DMV Website.